A flexible petroleum system which offers incentives
Cameroon’s petroleum system provides for contractual, economic and fiscal incentives.
The flexibility of the Petroleum code allows negotiation of the two types of contracts recognised by the industry: the production sharing contract and the concession contract.
The gas code which defines the accounting, financial, fiscal and customs provisions which apply to activities related to the development of gas, provides for:
- the concession system for transport and distribution activities;
- the licence system for processing, storage, import and export activities;
- the authorisation system for the sale of gas, importation and installation of material and equipment intended for the creation of gas transport and distribution networks, gas storage centres as well as measurement and security equipment to be used by operators and customers.
Regulatory texts to download
- Petroleum Code
- Gas Code
- Model Production Sharing Contract
- Implementing Decree of the 1999 Petroleum Code (French version)
- Law on the development of associated gas
- Model agreement for the transfer of non-exclusive E&P data on Cameroon